The infographic above shows vital information about long term care insurance that one should know before he or she jump into buying a policy. Getting a LTC insurance can be a bit overwhelming or complex process, it is still advisable to seek a professional ltc agent for advise.
Some of the Highlights:
- 70% of people over 65 will require some care at some point in their lives.
- The projected average cost for 2 years of long-term care 30 years from now is $500,000.
- Today, the average per-hour cost of home care in the U.S. is $30 with per-day cost reaching $250.
- Mid-50s is the best age to buy LTC insurance. The average purchase age of group insureds is 47yrs.
- The highest cause of claims after age 65 is Alzheimer’s.
- 20% of people will need care longer than 5 years.